Optogenetics Starter Kit
This hardware kit is designed specifically for new and expanding optogenetics labs, and is ideal for customers starting their in-vivo optogenetics research. The kit includes all of the optics and accessories needed to attach the laser to your specimen. All components have been specially selected to work together to eliminate any compatibility issues.
The optogenetics starter kit includes the following:
- FC/PC fiber coupler
- Attaches the laser to the optical fiber. Designed for maximum coupling efficiency with commonly-used optogenetics fibers.
- Includes installation and alignment, if laser is purchased at the same time.
- 3 m of fiber with 200 µm core and integrated rotary joint
- The integrated rotary joint allows free movement without tangling or twisting the fiber.
- 5 x 5 mm cannula implants
- 200 µm, 0.39 NA, 5 mm length, 1.25 mm diameter
- 5 x 10 mm cannula implants
- 200 µm, 0.39 NA, 10 mm length, 1.25 mm diameter
- 10 x ceramic fiber mating ferrules
- Allows two lengths of fiber to be directly attached to one another.
- Fiber Clip
- ReadyLasers exclusive product: Attaches the fiber securely to the breadboard so that subject movement does not cause changes in the fiber coupling alignment.
- Handheld Signal Generator
- Produces the modulation signal which is used to drive the laser. Compact, portable, and easy to use.
- BNC cable (6 feet)
- Attaches the signal generator to the laser's modulation input.
Please note that the laser head and power supply unit are not included in the kit. Customers may purchase their laser separately based on their required wavelength.
We Also Recommend